Brodie Assistance Fund
The primary goal of the Brodie Assistance Fund (BAF) is to support the continued development of services and technologies that directly benefit the Nlets mission and vision. The BAF is available to Nlets Representatives and their staff for travel, training and consulting needs that states may have.
In addition, some other areas that funds may be applied for include:
- Disaster Recovery Efforts with Nlets
- Conversion to XML
- Federating Nlets Messages
- Federated Identity Management
- LPR Index Project
- DL/Corrections Photo Sharing
- Implementation of Nlets Initiatives (i.e. TIPS, GIS, etc.)
- Implementation of Nlets Message Keys
- Migration from TCP/IP Socket Protocol to WebServices
- Attendance at STARS/Implementers Workshop
2017 General Guidelines
- Member must be up to date with membership dues.
- ORION Validation must be completed and on file at Nlets.
- Submission must occur 14 business days prior to travel required or project start date.
- BAF funds cannot be used to offset an already approved and funded project.
- Applicant must complete a minimum of 500-word description, including the reason this effort will directly benefit Nlets.
- This funding is intended for one person. If there is sufficient need to send two people, indicate reasons in the application and the request will be considered.