Team Tuesday - Randy DeForest
Today, meet Randy DeForest, Nlets’ Application Services Manager. He has been with Nlets for 10 years and shared his favorite part of working at Nlets (and so much more).
- Q. What are the primary responsibilities of your role?
- A. I am responsible for all internal operational applications; NJIN, external services, member value-add, and operational support applications. I am also responsible for the design and architecture of applications and supporting systems. My typical day includes supporting the Application Services team in their efforts, working with other departments within Nlets, and providing support to our members.
- Q. What is your favorite part about working at Nlets? Why?
A. With several family members in the law enforcement community, the mission of Nlets is very important to me personally. Working at Nlets provides me opportunity to work with some truly world class teammates and pushes me
to grow personally and professionally.
- Q. When you’re not at work, what do you like to do? Hobbies? Secret talents?
- A. When I am not at work, I enjoy spending time with my family, working with dog rescues, movies, and music. My family will tell you that I am a top tier nerd and love my gear and gadgets.
- Q. Why did you initially choose to work at Nlets? How did you hear about it and what has kept you here?
- A. I was recruited to work at Nlets, and I couldn’t be happier. From the very start, I was drawn to the mission and the impact Nlets has on the national law enforcement community. This is where I belong and will stay as long as they let me.