Team Tuesday - TJ Nicholls
Today, meet TJ Nicholls, Nlets’ Information Security Services Manager. He has been with Nlets for 8 years and shared his favorite part of working at Nlets (and so much more)
- Q. What are the primary responsibilities of your role?
- A. My responsibilities, like most of us here, are alive and shifting as needed. I am primarily responsible for being the technical lead for detection, response, and designing solutions related to information security. Other responsibilities include providing guidance in vulnerability management and helping to build services that may help our community. Overall, I do my best to continually learn in the technical areas I am most interested in and support my department to make sure we are heading in the right direction.
- Q. What is your favorite part about working at Nlets? Why?
- A. My favorite part about working at Nlets is building solutions that in some way have a positive impact on public safety. I enjoy having the trust of our leadership to move us in the right direction. I am working with a group of colleagues who have a genuine interest in positively impacting our community.
- Q. When you’re not at work, what do you like to do? Hobbies? Secret talents?
- A. Outside of work, I practice the most efficient techniques for strangling people (lol). Jiu-Jitsu is a great physical outlet for me since I spend most of my working day behind a computer screen. What I enjoy most is simply joking around at home with my family. I’m also a foodie, so either cooking or finding some interesting new food to eat is always a good time.
- Q. Why did you initially choose to work at Nlets? How did you hear about it and what has kept you here?
- A. I found Nlets by chance in a job posting. What kept me here was the ability to grow. The leadership here has constantly enabled me to grow my technical and soft skills.